Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop Back in Plaid

Welcome to our fabulous A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop! Every month I receive a surprise card/project kit from Stampin' Up!. I love this Christmas themed kit! 


I got to see this kit at our OnStage event in Salt Lake City and loved it from the beginning!  I have two kits and can't wait to make them soon!  It was fun to come up with an alternate card & project this month.

 
All the details for my card and my project are below.  I have put an asterisks next to items that were in addition to the Paper Pumpkin kit.

  
Details for the card:

  • *Dapper Denim Card Base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4"
  • *Whisper White cardstock 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" x 2 
    • Inside - stamped with snowflakes in Dapper Denim ink.
    • Front - scrunched up some of the stocking material to create a surface to ink up. This was dipped in *Marina Mist ink.  The tip is to use a little bit from the ink refill.  I applied the stocking material to the ink pad and it left little pieces on the ink pad that I had to clean off.  Blot the stocking material on your card front to create a cool background.  I then stamped with snowflakes in Dapper Denim ink.
  • From the kit I took one of the gold foil snowflakes banner and stamped the joy sentiment on it in Dapper Denim ink.  This banner is popped with Stampin' Dimensionals.
 

Details for the project:
  •  *Dapper Denim cardstock traced from the kit banners and stamped with snowflakes in Dapper Denim ink.
  • For the letters I cut apart the stocking and cut off the seams to make a flat stocking material.  I used the *Large Letter Framelits and my Big Shot.  They are attached to the banners with glue dots.
  • The project is finished off with 16" of the red twine from the kit and the clothespins.

I hope you enjoyed my card and project.  Thanks for visiting!  
Your next hop in the blog is Lori!

http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2017/11/a-paper-pumpkin-thing-blog-hop-back-in-plaid-november-kit.html

2 comments:

  1. Our snowflake cards are very similar! I can't believe you cut the little stocking up - I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cute projects! And you can't go wrong with a joy banner. =)

    ReplyDelete