Thursday, March 9, 2017

OSAT Blog Hop – Birthday Bash

Happy March and welcome to another OSAT Blog Hop!   In your area did March come in like a Lion or a Lamb.  In our area it definitely came in like a Lion!  March is one of those months where it can be winter or spring depending upon the day.  I was inspired this week for my projects by our nice weather we have had lately.  The theme for this month is Birthday Bash.  I have lots of March birthdays to celebrate, so this is a great theme for me.


I decided to use the Serene Scenary DSP from Stampin' Up as I love the actual photos in this DSP.  I created a birthday card and a set of notecards that can be given as a birthday gift.  I know I definitely need to get better about gifting my cards to others!


The birthday card is a notecard made out of Bermuda Bay cardstock (7" x 5" and scored at 3.5").  The Whisper White layer is 4 7/8" x 3 3/8" and the DSP layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/4".  The sentiment is from Watercolor Words stamped in Versamark and embossed in white.  The butterfly is from Watercolor Wings stamped with Bermuda Bay in full and half strength with a Memento Black ink accent.  It's cut out using the Butterflies Thinlets.  The top butterfly layer is Bermuda Bay cardstock cut out with the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  

The birthday gift is a pack of notecards & envelopes to use for various occasions.  This box/large envelope was made with the Envelope Punch Board in Bermuda Bay and stamped in the same color with the flower from Watercolor Words.  The same DSP was used as the birthday card and embossed the same way.  The sentiment is cut out with the Layering Circle Framelits.  I found this box/large envelope from another demonstrator and all the details can be found here.  I did add a small velcro dot fastener to keep the box closed.


The cards are a notecard made out of Delightful Dijon, Pool Party, and Real Read cardstock (7" x 5" and scored at 3.5").  The Whisper White layer is 4 7/8" x 3 3/8" and the DSP layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/4".  The sentiments are from Watercolor Words stamped in Versamark and embossed in white.  


Each of the notecards has a Whisper White layer inside with an accent in the coordinating ink.  The heart and flower are from Watercolor Words and the cake is from Endless Birthday Wishes.   

I hope you have enjoyed my card & project!  Your next stop in the hop is from Justin!  Enjoy!


    1. Jeanna Bohanon - http://bit.ly/2mXmsdF
    2. Justin Krieger - http://wp.me/p5dZez-64q
    Stampin' Up! Supplies Used for Card:  
    • Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
    • DSP: Serene Scenary
    • Inks: Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Memento Black
    • Stamps: Watercolor Words, Watercolor Wings
    • Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Butterflies Thinlets, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Cutting Pads
    • Adhesives: Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots 
    Stampin' Up! Supplies Used for Project:  
    • Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Delightful Dijon, Pool Party, Real Red
    • DSP: Serene Scenary
    • Inks: Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon, Pool Party, Real Red
    • Stamps: Watercolor Words, Endless Birthday Wishes
    • Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Envelope Punch Board, Layering Circles Framelits, Velcro Dot
    • Adhesives: Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fast Fuse
     

    7 comments:

    1. Love this idea! Would make a great gift!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Megan, Great projects! Love the box with a set of note cards as a gift. Beautiful! You totally rocked the Birthday Bash.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Box sets are some of my favorite projects! They make such great gifts. Love how that DSP makes it super easy to make a rockin' card set.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love card gift boxed set, Megan. Especially when we all make a ton of cards - they are great to give away! Thanks for sharing and thank you for letting me join in on the OSAT Blog Hop, I'm super excited to be a part of it! Crystal

      ReplyDelete
    5. Such a great idea. I too need to use my cards as gifts more often. Your projects are adorable.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Super adorable set Megan! I love that DSP too.. super cute on those note cards!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Lovely card set and holder. Love the white embossing on those patterned papers.

      ReplyDelete