Saturday, September 26, 2015

Christmas Tree Inspired by Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog Cover

The moment I saw the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog I knew I had to figure out how to make the tree on the front! 

My husband and I sat down and figured out the scale of the tree based on the size of the cards.  It is roughly 16 inches long (across the base) by 21 inches tall.  At Lowes we were able to find a 3/4x24x48 inches board that was called The Craft Master's Lodgepole Pine Laminated Project Panels.  The board with tax was $26.07.  We cut the board so we had two 21 x 24 inch pieces and glued (with wood glue) & clamped them together to dry overnight.  The next day we used a circular saw to cut two trees and we had as scrap two halves of a tree.  I then glued the two halves together to have a third tree.  Since we used a circular saw which made rough cuts I had to sand down the edges.  

Here is the finished project!!


I will list the Stampin' Up! supplies that I used below, but it's basically washi tape, clothespins, wooden snowflakes, and one ribbon.  I used hot glue to glue the clothespins to the board and also the wooden snowflakes to clothespins.  The tree on the front of the Stampin' Up! cover uses one Washi Tape from a different set, so I just substituted in for it with the fifth washi tape in the set I used. 

I am so happy to use this as a decoration this Christmas!  Feel free to ask any questions you might have in the comments and Happy Stamping!!  

Stampin' Up! products used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment