Wednesday, December 6, 2017

ICS Blog Hop - Year of Cheer Speciality DSP


Woo Hoo it's the first Wednesday of the month you know what that means RIGHT? ICS Blog hop time! Our theme this month is December to Remember!  December is by far one of my favorite months because it is both my birthday and Christmas!!



I have a need for gift card holders for Christmas presents, so this was the perfect project to make for this blog hop.  This is the first time I have used the beautiful Year of Cheer Specialty DSP!




The gift card holders started with cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") that I scored on the long side at 3 1/2" and 7".  I then created panels from the Year of Cheer Specialty DSP 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" (two of this size) and 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" adhered with snail.  The beautiful gold foil snowflake is attached with a few glue dots hidden by the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Merry Little Labels stamp set, and it is cut out with the coordinating punch - Everyday Label.  It is then popped with a few Stampin' Dimensionals. 




For the inside gift card pocket I used a little tear & tape adhesive on the ends to create the pocket.  For a couple of the gift card holders I used these awesome Velcro dots to keep the card closed.  Here's a photo of what I purchased.  I found them at Wal-Mart in the sewing craft aisle, but they can be found multiple places.  They were the smallest size available there.  




I hope you enjoyed my gift card holders!  Have a very Merry Christmas!  
The next stop in our blog hop is Anastasia!!

http://bit.ly/2iYMqNC
 Cards Supply List from Stampin' Up!:
  • Stamps: Merry Little Labels
  • Cardstock: Dapper Denim/Night of Navy/Tempting Turquoise/Marina Mist (5 1/2" x 8 1/2" that I scored on the long side at 3 1/2" and 7")
  • DSP: Year of Cheer Specialty DSP 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" (two of this size) and 1 1/4" x 5 1/4"
  • Inks: Dapper Denim/Night of Navy/Tempting Turquoise/Marina Mist
  • Embellishments: Foil Snowflakes (gold), Velcro Thing Clear Fasteners (3/8")
  • Adhesives: Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots

12 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to use all of those blues with this DSP - you are a clever chick! Very striking projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so pretty! Love the gift card idea...and hmmmmm wander where you got the gold snowflakes from! LOL! Thanks for hopping with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gift card holders are awesome!!! Nice & roomy for the bigger cardboard backings too! Always love gold/white for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and quick! And thanks for the info on the velcro dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gift card holders! Will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite DSP in the catalog! I love the metal look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This DSP is the best! Your projects are great, and I'm excited to CASE them for a couple gift cards we are giving out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete