Monday, February 6, 2017

Hey Chick! Happy Birthday!

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl!  We enjoyed watching it with some friends.  My team wasn't in it and I didn't like the outcome, but I sure did enjoy the food & commercials.  I wanted to share a card I did for a few weeks ago as I had my first event at a local cafe.  I've been looking for opportunities to get more exposure and reach out to more people to come to my classes.  This was a fun social time and there is another one scheduled in early March.  

I was watching a fellow demo, Dena (http://drekow.typepad.com/), and she shared this super cute card that I decided to CASE for my card & coffee event.  Here's the card we made!




Steps:
  • Stamp hey, chick! sentiment inside banner frame in Memento Black ink
  • Stamp chickens randomly on Whisper White piece in Memento Black ink
  • Stamp banner frame in Memento Black ink on Whisper White scrap
  • Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment in Memento Black ink on Crumb Cake card base
  • Color chicken heads and tails on chickens with Watercolor Pencils
  • Punch out hey, chick! sentiment
  • Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop sentiment on card front
  • Use Snail adhesive to adhere Whisper White layer with chickens to Basic Black layer
  • Use Snail adhesive to adhere step 3 layers to Crumb Cake card base
Supplies: 
Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set
Hey, Chick! Stamp Set
Watercolor Words Stamp Set
Crumb Cake Cardstock (4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½”)
Whisper White Cardstock (2 ½” x 5 ½” and scrap for sentiment)
Basic Black Cardstock (2 ¾” x 5 ½”)
Memento Black Ink
Watercolor Pencils
Duet Banner Punch
Snail Adhesive
Stampin’ Dimensionals
Whisper White Envelope


No comments:

Post a Comment