Thursday, September 10, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop - Designers Choice


Welcome to the One Stamp At a Time Blog Hop for September - Designers Choice!  I hope you enjoyed the great projects from Amanda. I am excited to have a number of new paper crafters for this month's blog hop!  

At first I was really stumped at what to do for my card and project this month.  I then went into my happy place with stamps, ink, and paper and came up with my creations.  I decided to use one of my new favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up! - Vintage Leaves!  


The card started with making the leaves.  Very Vanilla is the card base that is embossed in gold.  I used sponge daubers with Tip Top Taupe, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Cherry Cobbler inks to create various Fall leaves.  These are emboss resisted by then wiping ink off with a tissue.  The Crumb Cake card base is stamped with Tip Top Taupe, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze to create a leaves background.  The SU 1 1/4" burlap was trimmed to fray on all 4 sides and adhered to the card base with tear & tape adhesive.  The sentiment comes from the For All Things stamp set and is stamped on Very Vanilla in Early Espresso ink. The banner triple punch was used to create the ends on the sentiment piece. The leaves are attached with snail and dimensionals. 


Here is a video to show how I made the leaves.
 

I wanted to create a coordinating project with the card, so I used more of the leaves.  The leaves were done as mentioned above for the card.  I cut out Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze using the Banner framelits.  The Larger Than Life letters were stamped in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and also cut out with the Banner framelits.  The Crumb Cake cardstock is popped up on the background colors using dimensionals.  At the top of the project is a book ring that you can find at any office or big box store.  I folded over a bit of the burlap and then hot glued it on the back to create a clean look at top and bottom of the project.  The layered banner pieces and leaves are all glued to the burlap with hot glue.


Here's a detailed look at the banner and leaf.



I hope you have enjoyed my card and project as I look forward to the coming of Fall!  Thanks for stopping by and check out the next blog in our hop, Wynne!

http://cropsscissorspaper.blogspot.com/2015/09/osat-blog-hop-designers-choice.html


    Eva
    Ginger
    Martie
    Elizabeth
    Amanda
    You are here ----> Megan
    Wynne
    Lori
    Dena
    Renee
    Tina
    Diane
    Maria
    Raquelle
    Jeanna
    Terri
    Kim
    Maggie
    Marisa
    Holly
    Andrea P.
    Andrea T.

Here are the details for the card....
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Here are the details for the project (also you will need hot glue and a book ring).....
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

20 comments:

  1. Megan I love your fall card and banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous leaves! I love that banner!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at the burlap - just love that look and it works on both the card and banner - very festive too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty card and Fall banner! Great video too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card and great door hanger using the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gold touch to the leaves! great job! I may have to use your door banner as inspiration for a class coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gold on the leaves - It's sooooo fall! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, I love the shimmery look and those rich fall colors to die for!!! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects!! I just love the gold and leaves--makes a wonderful combination! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such awesome projects. I especially love the door hanger. I'll have to make one of these for my daughter for her apartment. Better yet I'll show her how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both projects! That gold embossing seals the WOW factor. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love FALL. These colors are awesome. I can see that banner handing on my front door below a colorful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the gold on card and using the emboss resist techniques. The Fall door hanger is just cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun fall ideas...I especially love the banner...you have inspired to make one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the gold on the leaves.....I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your gold embossing and a beautiful fall decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card and the banner! Love all of the fall colors with the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. both projects are awesome. the banner is the perfect size for a hallway door

    ReplyDelete