Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Neighbor Advertisting Bags

This is a much, much, much overdue post!  Back in April of this year I created some neighbor advertising bags and delivered on Easter morning.

Here's a photo of everything that was in the bag.  I will also explain each item in more detail and things I would do differently when I do this again.


The bag consisted of.....
  • Bag - I got these from the dollar store.  They were 3 for $1.
  • Treat bag (see detailed photo below) - I used a small clear bag and packed it with an inexpensive seed packet and some Easter candy.  The bag topper was DSP (in this case it was retired) with a label that I stamped.
  • Paper Pumpkin Postcard/Pamphlet - These are supply items available to purchase by demos.  There's also some printouts you could print and include.  Paper Pumpkin is a great item to advertise since it is all inclusive!
  • Introduction, Contact Info, and Schedule Sheet - The top of the sheet was an introduction about who I am and how long we have lived in the neighborhood.  I also wrote a few sentences about my classes and about Stampin' Up! as a company.  I included my contact information - email, blog, and Facebook business page.  The majority of the sheet was my upcoming class schedule.  It included all the details of when, where, what, and how much.
  • Catalog Page (see detailed photo below) - I used some old catalogs and tore out individual pages.  I put a label on it that says "If you like what you see on this page - please contact me for a catalog." 


On Easter morning I went door to door and hung them on a front door knob or left them on their porch.  I ended up passing out about 50, but we have over 300 homes in our neighborhood.  I focused on our immediate neighbors and one other street.  It took a couple hours as I had to be careful to skip the no solicitor sign houses.  Each bag ended up costing  about $1.50.  The biggest expenses are the bag and candy.  I haven't had any neighbor specifically contact me about classes based on this advertising, but I did see a spike in Facebook business page traffic. 

I definitely have some things that I would do different when I do this next time.  I think I might do it again around back to school time and put a couple inexpensive school supplies in the treat bag.  Here's what I would do differently.....
  • Use a different bag!  At 33 cents each the bag was one of the biggest expenses.  There are door knob hanging clear bags that you can find on Amazon.  You could also use the gift bag punch board with some ribbon.
  • Include some sort of class discount coupon to encourage them to come to a class.
  • Don't include chocolate in the treat bags - it melts very easily!
  • Include a Paper Pumpkin completed project - bag, card, etc.
I would love to hear in the comments section how you have reached out to your neighbors!  Happy Stamping!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment