Thursday, November 10, 2016

OSAT Blog Hop - Let It Snow


Welcome! It's OSAT blog hop time!  If you are hopping along with us - I am sure you enjoyed my friend Tina's card & projectOur theme is Let It Snow!  Here in the Midwest we haven't even hit a freezing temperature yet, but Christmas will be here before we know it!

For my card and project I focused on the Warmth & Cheer suite from Stampin' Up!.


The card used Cherry Cobbler as it's card base.  The top Crumb Cake cardstock is 3 1/2"x4" and is embossed with the marvelous Cable Knit Dynamic embossing folder.  The bottom piece of DSP from the Warmth & Cheer stack is 2 1/8" x 4".  A strip of washi tape from the same suite connects the two pieces.  I then used some of the Kraft Rope Trim for behind the sentiment.  I took apart the trim in order to get some individual strands.  



The sentiment is from the Wrapped in Warmth stamp set using a Basic Black marker to only get part of the sentiment.  The Layer Circles Framelits were used for the Whisper White & Garden Green layers.  I had to include another of the great sentiments from this set on the inside of the card along with a cute little tree in the background.





My project coordinates with my card!  I created this project for our recent OnStage Local where I was able to attend the event in Kansas City.  


These plastic ornaments can be found at any big box craft store.  I found a whole container of 25 of them for a good price on sale.  I cut 1/2" strips from the Warmth & Cheer DSP stack.  It took about 1 1/2 pieces of 6"x6" DSP to fill the ornament.  After cutting the 1/2" strips I wrapped them around my piercing tool to create the curly pieces.  Whisper White Bakers Twine is then added in order to be able to hang the ornament.

To create the box I looked online for a few ideas.   I then customized the size of the box in order to hold the ornament with a small piece of tissue paper wrapped around it.  For the top of the box I used cardstock in reds and greens the size is 5 3/16” x 5 3/16” and score at 1” on all 4 sides.  The box base is 8 ¼” x 8 ¼” and score at 2 5/8” on all 4 sides. Create tabs/flaps for both the base and top.  Do this by trimming small pieces off the corners as seen in this photo.

For the top I only did this first step for creating the tabs.  For the box base I also trimmed the tabs in half. The photo below is rotated 90 degrees to show this step.



When you are all done trimming adhere Tear & Tape for base and the top. 

The tag for the box was created with thick Whisper White cardstock accented with the Banner Triple Punch.  The sentiment from the Wrapped in Warmth stamp set is inked in Cherry Cobbler and the Kraft Rope Trim (24") is tied around the box.


I hope you have enjoyed my card & project!  Your next stop in the hop is from Sara!





  1. Jeanna Bohanon - http://bit.ly/2eSTJmc
  2. Justin Krieger - http://wp.me/p5dZez-5Mc



Stampin' Up! Supplies Used for Card:  
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Garden Green
  • DSP: Warmth & Cheer
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Basic Black (marker)
  • Stamps: Wrapped in Warmth
  • Embellishments: Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Kraft Rope Tri, Layer Circles Framelits (& Big Shot)
  • Adhesives: Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Non-Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Plastic Ornaments

 
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used for Project:


  • Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Garden Green/Cherry Cobbler/Cucumber Crush
  • DSP: Warmth & Cheer
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler
  • Stamps: Wrapped in Warmth
  • Embellishments: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Whisper White Bakers Twine (9 inches), Kraft Rope Trim (24 inches)
  • Adhesives: Tear & Tape
  • Non-Stampin’ Up! Supplies: Plastic Ornaments

4 comments:

  1. Megan, Great card and I love the stamping inside the card. Great ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Megan. I love that cable knit embossing folder! Love the ornament. I need to try one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty gift set Megan! I love how you've tied all of the pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very warm and cozy looking projects - the Warmth & Cheer paper really helps with that. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete