Thursday, October 8, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop - Halloween/Fall

Welcome to the One Stamp At a Time Blog Hop for October - Halloween/Fall!  I hope you enjoyed the great projects from AJ.  I decided to make a Halloween card and project for the hop this month.


The card is a Z-Fold card that actually is a gift card holder as well.  I made two of them as I will be sending them to my niece and nephew for Halloween.  To make the Z-Fold I took a 4.25x11" card base and scored at 5.5" and 2.75."  The Happy Halloween stamp comes from the Witches' Night stamp set.  Hiding inside the card is the gift card holder stamped with a sentiment from the Hostess stamp set Six Sayings.  


 Here's both of the cards.

 Here's the inside showcasing the gift card holder.

Here's the top of the card showing the Z-Fold.

I wanted to make a project that I could make multiples of for our neighbor friends.   My project was inspired by Connie Stewart's Easter baskets (http://simplysimplestamping.com/oval-framelit-easter-basket-one-sheet-wonder/), but I changed it up a bit for Halloween.  The Oval Framelits (3rd smallest) were used to make the pumpkins in Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  The leaves and stem come from the bird punch in Garden Green.  :)  I used the Witches' Night stamp set also for the project sentiment.  See all the details at the bottom of the post.


Front view

Side View

Back View


I hope you have enjoyed my card and project as I look forward to Halloween!  Thanks for stopping by and check out the next blog in our hop, Renee

http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2015/10/osat-blog-hop-halloweenfall.html

  1.  Maggie Mata
  2.  Elizabeth
  3.  Martie
  4.  Dena Rekow
  5.  Tina Riddle 
  6.  Terri Takashige
  7.  Diane Squires     
  8.  Wynne 
  9.  AJ Bodine 
  10. You are here ---> Megan
  11.  Renee Ondrajka
  12.  Raquelle Cliton
  13.  Justin
  14.  Lori Mueller
  15. Jeanna Bohanon 
  16. Marisa Gunn 
  17. Andrea Tucker 
  18. Tenia Nelson
 Details for Card
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Details for Project

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

15 comments:

  1. Z-fold cards are the best for gift giving! Cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects, Megan! Super cute and simple, which is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project and I love the cool fold on the card /gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cards that double as gift card holders, great design and cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you changed the Easter basket to a Halloween - that to me is the sign of a great crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! i love your gift card holder and pumpkin basket! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gift card holder. And super cute pumpkin box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to see projects using the stamp sets that are sold along with the kits. I love fancy fold cards and the pumpkin basket is adorable. I'm sure everyone will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such adorable projects. That basket is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little pumpkin basket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project...I especially love the pumpkin basket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used the star border punch - so many more ideas now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling gift card holder too! So creative! and the pumpkin basket! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is the cutest little pumpkin basket perfect for a couple sweet treats.

    ReplyDelete